As dental professionals increasingly incorporate 3D imaging as a treatment tool for implants, restorations, oral and maxillofacial surgery, TMJ, sleep disorders, and orthodontics, the decision is no longer if the modern dental practice should implement this technology, but what brand brings more to the practice in greater flexibility, ease of use, and reputation for quality. i-CAT offers these qualities, and more, to general practitioners and specialists alike with i-CAT Next Generation and i-CAT Precise™ 3D imaging units.
- For implants–Tx STUDIO™ software, exclusive to i-CAT systems, facilitates planning of implants and other surgical procedures such as third molar extraction. Tx STUDIO assists dentists in the placement of implants and includes tools for design and placement of the abutment and final restoration. The 3D view allows for accuracy measuring bone thickness and locating the alveolar nerve.
- For orthodontics–With i-CAT and Tx STUDIO, clinicians are able to view crowns, roots, and bone with accuracy and precision not possible with 2D imaging technology. Soft tissue changes derived from orthodontic or surgical treatments can be estimated and visualized with Tx STUDIO and the optional Medical Design Studio module. Orthodontists can utilize the anchor pin library for virtual TAD placement or opt for the optional 3D Cephalometric Analysis package which allows for the creation of ceph tracings with greater accuracy and in less time than traditional 2D ceph tracings. The face-MATCH™ photo-wrapping feature easily and quickly wraps a facial photo taken with a standard digital camera onto the 3D volume to visualize treatment impact on soft tissue and facial features. Patients and clinicians appreciate the ability to create study models directly from the 3D data without messy and uncomfortable impressions.
- For TMJ, airway and sleep studies– With i-CAT’s large 3D volumes and full-featured Tx planning tools, dental professionals can fully visualize patient airways and condyles. i-CAT provides the ability to zoom in on the temporomandibular joints and visualize them from any angle. The semi-automatic airway tool reveals total airway volume and maximum restriction values in seconds. The TMJ visualization tool serves as a virtual study model to streamline and expedite treatment success. Treatment options are more quickly and definitively obtained through automatic calculations and measurements of paranasal sinuses. With the optional Medical Design Studio, clinicians can even design treatment splints.
- Compatible with other software applications–i-CAT units are compatible with many leading surgical guide providers, including SimPlant® and SurgiGuide, NobelGuide®, SICAT®, and iDent®. Also, guides can be conveniently ordered directly through the included Tx STUDIO software from Anatomage.® For CAD/CAM applications, the E4D Compass integrates 3D data from i-CAT systems with E4D CAD/CAM data so the practitioner can create an implant plan in minutes and restore the tooth, completely chairside. i-CAT can also connect to practice management systems like Dentrix, via the exclusive DEXIS i-CAT link.
- Low radiation exposure—i-CAT offers the lowest-dose 3D scan of the full-patient dentition. I-CAT’s exclusive Quick Scan is a lower dose than one and a half typical panoramic scans.
- A name you can trust–i-CAT systems brand has a reputation for impressive image quality and consistent high-definition, low-dose scans. But long past diagnosis, i-CAT’s advantages as a brand continue into treatment planning and implementation. For five years, DentalTown has named i-CAT the winner in the X-ray equipment, “Cone-Beam scanner” category. This award is determined by dental professionals who face everyday challenges and seek the solutions that i-CAT 3D imaging provides in specialty and general practice offices.
Adding 3D imaging gives practices more options, but having the vision to choose the right brand is essential to capture more opportunities for successful treatment outcomes.