I know that one of best things you can do for your practice at this moment is move to a more efficient way of doing business. And one way would be to upgrade your records keeping method by going paper-less. This is something that every practice will eventually do, and will save the practice an average of $40,000 a year in overhead according to Dr. Larry Emmott, DDS.
I switched to the electronic dental record in January of 2001. We set a date and converted every patient to a new digital record one patient at a time. Before you knew it the charts still on the shelf were the ones to be purged and archived. I really got a great look at how many active patients I had. I would never go back to a paper chart. The way computer systems are designed today, your office will never be down because of a computer issue. Don’t let that fear stop you from making one of the best decisions you could ever make for your practice.
I have used Dentrix since 1998. It by far is the best practice management system around. I should know because I have tried most of them practicing for 22 years. Henry Schein Tech Central can help you create a complete technology plan and implement it very easily. I promise it won’t be painful. Just do it.
Just make an appointment with your local Henry Schein Technology Specialist today. The benefits are so compelling:
- Time savings- Automatic, streamline and simply all the time-consuming everyday tasks that slow your practice down.
- Save money-Improve your billing and collection processes. You can even have patients pay you online through your existing website for no charge if you on a support plan.
- Increase production- Keep your chairs full and make your entire staff more efficient and productive.
- Boost your reputation- Integrate technology that presents your practice as a well-established, polished organization.
- Build digital practice- Incorporate integrated technologies that streamline office operations from the front office to the treatment rooms. For example DEXIS digital x-ray, E4D CAD/CAM restorations, Cone Beam CT, Guru patient education, etc.